Saturday 14 February 2009

Valentines...

Have had the most amazing romantic day!!!!! Was bashed awake this morning by our baby followed by the obligatory mountaineering expedition (yes I was the mountain!) Next, Levi (our seven year old son) proceeded to read his most recent favourite read "Dirty Bertie" sleepily to us whilst the girls were 'secretly' making us breakfast in bed. By the time we had finished the cereal we were spitting feathers (a serious flaw in the milk to cereal ratio!) And it just gets better... Simon, keen to please, had decided to make an authentic curry for me (one of my favourite dishes!). Hence, the house has been filled with the romantic aromas of onions and garlic all day....mmmmmmmmm! To top it all, as I speak Simon is still writing my Valentines card (made by Poppy, as mine was also!). We could be inclined to think that romance is dead but with a smile I enjoy every minute (well maybe not quite the rude awakening!) but I am thankful for my lovely family and faithful husband. Life is not always the romantic comedy I imagined it would be, but love is more than a feeling. I am thankful that I have kids and a husband who love me as I am (just like God does) and I make it my challenge to love them unconditionally too! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day & lots of love to you from me and from Jesus xxxx He loves you...Yeah yeah yeah!

"God loved the world so much that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him should not die but have eternal life" The Bible

No comments: