Wednesday 10 September 2008

Family Frolics!

Well, so far this week our littlest Lottie Ella decided it was time to start crawling. The hours of my painstakingly crawling alongside her, and demonstrating the techniques, have finally paid off! Her crawling is disappointing slow, according to Levi, who you can imagine, is expecting a high speed chase! And in my opinion rather without style as she drags one leg behind rather like an injured pirate! But, she is crawling nevertheless.

Having reached this stage I discover that even though we have been through this process 3 times before I suddenly need to rechildproof my house, watching out for the hazards of which until now I was oblivious! The crawling baby is indeed a challenge to those who were blessed with only two eyes!

Whilst contemplating this just the other day and doing my usual social networking, yes I was fiddling on facebook!, I heard a large crash! Rushing to the other room I found my exploring 8 month old lying flat on her back with the coffee table on top of her! Not a tear in sight, but a rather confused expression, that this previously harmless object should suddenly develop a mind of its own and forge an attack! My immediate reaction....well you can guess, the joy of the Lord overtook me and, finding its strength, I rushed to rescued the trapped victim!!!!!!

Second interesting incident....my 7 year old son had been given a box of maltesers as a thankyou for sharing his prized possessions, his most treasured playstation games with his best buddy!!!!! Sitting on the floor with the malteser box open and the playstation whirring he disappeared into playstation heaven totally unawares of the gatecrasher sitting next to him! Whilst pottering in the kitchen I suddenly become aware that all is quiet, usually a worrying sign for a house that is known for its dynamics!!! Upon investigation I find my 8 month old daughter covered in chocolate!!!! Unlike the other three she has not reached our one year milestone. Carelessly I forgot to take a picture....feeling a mock up brewing!!!!!!! More Dean Family frolics to come. Watch this space.....

No comments: