Sunday 16 November 2008

Lots of laughs

We love it when our kids mix up lyrics and make us smile. "Here we go round the mouldy brush" is one we heard from our daughter Sally this week. Kids say so many funny things, and in all the challenges and difficulties of family life, we must not lose our joy! The Bible tells us that "the joy of the Lord is our strength." Sometimes we are so intense, so heavy, so grumpy! But God wants us to be happy, and to treasure and share happy times together with him and with each other. He wants us to have a healthy family life. The Bible tells us that "a cheerful spirit is good medicine". So let's be happy, remembering that our life, our children, our family is a gift from God and never forgetting to take time to laugh and enjoy life together!

Feel free to share some of your own funny stories here with us too...

4 comments:

Richard Bentall said...

Sarah - Lydia is on form at the moment and here are a few;

1) how do you see a blind spot in the road
2) I think with the wind today there will be a few accident letters going out from school. Why Lydia ? - because children will get blow over.
3) Drop snows are lovely flowers

Children are a gift from God and how we are to become childlikeness - not childish but full of fun and laughing out loud.

Ummm I'll post again after I have taken hot rock on Sunday :-)

Every Blessing

David Burton said...

Hi Sarah, great to meet you this afternoon. Enjoying the blog too - I look forward to seeing how a good writer gets better!

As for comedy lyrics...I'm told that when me and my brother were very small we used to sing the old classic chorus 'worthy, oh worthy are you Lord' as 'whirly, oh whirly yellow wall'.

Poetry.

:) cheers

Dave B of Jop's house

Sarah said...

Yet again today we had another funny! Sally, having generously covered her risotto in cheese,later asked if she could have more. On telling her that eating too much cheese can make you dream she answered "What? Dream about cheese? That's okay. I don't mind dreaming about cheese!" Crazy child!

Sarah said...

The other day I found myself laughing at the supposed logic of my five year old daughter & thought I would share some more of her insights. How amusing to see the bizarre conclusions reached as she observes and attempts to understand her world!!! Here are some questins she asked me and then answered herself.

Q. Why do houses have roofs?
A. To put the chimney on!

Q. Why do we have birthdays?
A. So we can grow up.