Thursday 9 October 2008

Christmas is coming!?

Not sure if we have scooped up an officlal world record but it’s a definite first for us…our first Christmas card, received today, October 9th 2008!!!!! I must confess we have been making the odd card and decoration during our girlie craft evenings, ‘odd’ being the operative word if my husband’s word is anything to go by. Similarly I confess, we have also been found singing the occasional inane Christmas tune…oh to be a fly on the wall! On the whole however, we are clear that it is still early October, and there really are plenty more shopping days left! Apparently Christmas is getting earlier every year, and although it is the complaint of many, I myself have no objection to extending the holiday season. Lights, trees, cards, its alright by me! Indeed, as one who has regularly been known to drive round on Christmas eve posting Christmas cards, I am amazed by the organisation it must take to be able to write and deliver Christmas cards in early October. Hats off to those of you who manage to achieve it, and feel free to give me a call when you have run out of things to do & I will forward my ever increasing list!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now Sarah, having just discovered your blog I shan't be returning if you keep on talking about Christmas in October (or November come to that). Bah, humbug!